The Tivyside Hunt.
The Tivyside Hunt was established in 1736 and is one of the oldest packs of hounds in the country. Its original headquarters where at the Black Lion public house in Cardigan. The hunt button carries the “Prince of Wales Feathers” granted by George IV. The Hunt Kennels are based in Cilgerran, where 30 couple of hounds are kept, consisting of English, Fell and Welsh (rough coated) hounds.
From July to the end of August the hounds are exercised daily by walking around the Lanes near Cilgerran to get them fit and trained. Then from September to March the pack meets twice a week on a Tuesday and Saturday by invitation from Local land owners. The Hunt country covers the Preseli Mountains of North Pembrokeshire and South Ceredigion. The hunt is run by a committee, the chairperson is Mrs. Maggie Campbell. The Master is Carolyn Morgan and the Huntsman Adam Holder whose job is to hunt and look after the hounds. We have two whips Mr. Lyndon Harries and Mr. Ifan Thomas.
The Hunt operates within the law through laying trails.
The kennels takes in fallen stock which is one of the benefits offered to local farmers.
Throughout the year events are organised to raise money and support for the hunt. A warm welcome is extended to anybody that would like to join in with any of our events. Please come and visit us at our stand today and purchase a Hunt calendar, half the money raised will be going to the Air Ambulance of Wales.